Open Scholarships for Students with Learning Disabilities—Apply Now!
The National Center for Learning Disabilities is excited to announce the opening of its 2024 Anne Ford and Allegra Ford Thomas scholars. Both scholarships are for students with specific learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, etc. However, students with both a learning disability and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are encouraged to apply.
Application Period: November 1 to April 17
Selection Process: Rolling basis
These scholarships aim to recognize the resilience and determination of students with specific learning disabilities and demonstrate a commitment to their education and personal growth. We encourage all eligible students to apply for this invaluable opportunity.
Who is Eligible?
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have a documented specific learning disability (SLD) such as dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, auditory processing disorder, or other related conditions
- Be currently enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited educational institution
- Show a strong commitment to their academic and personal development
- Exhibit a genuine desire to overcome challenges and achieve their educational goals
How to Apply
Starting November 1, you can submit your application through our online portal. The application process is straightforward and requires the following documents:
- A completed application form
- Proof of your specific learning disability (e.g., a formal diagnosis)
- A personal statement that highlights your educational journey, the challenges you’ve faced,
and your aspirations
- Academic transcripts and records
- Letters of recommendation (if available)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so early submission is encouraged. The scholarship committee will assess applications based on the eligibility criteria and the strength of your personal statement. We are eager to support those who demonstrate dedication to their education and personal growth.
The application period will close on April 17, so please ensure that you submit your materials before this deadline.
We understand that individuals with specific learning disabilities possess unique strengths and perspectives, and we are excited to help them on their educational journey. If you have any questions or require further information, please complete the form here.