Stay up to date with all the latest news coming out of Washington, D.C. around the COVID-19 crisis.
- NCLD Announces 2021 Federal Policy Agenda for 117th Congress
- NCLD Releases “Planning for Equity and Inclusion: A Guide to Reopening Schools”
- NCLD Calls on Congress to Follow Department of Education Recommendations, Preserve IDEA
- NCLD Calls on Congress to Provide Robust Investments in Response to COVID-19
- Recommendations on Emergency Funding Application
Sign up for the NCLD newsletter to stay informed on the latest news on issues impacting students with learning disabilities and attention issues.
Tell your Members of Congress: Oppose IDEA Waivers!
We need your help to protect students with disabilities and their rights under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) during the COVID-19 outbreak!
The CARES Act directed the U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to provide Congress (within 30 days) with a list of the waivers she is requesting under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). If granted by Congress, these waivers would free states and school districts from their legal obligations, such as designing and implementing individualized education plans (IEPs), collaborating with parents, and providing equal educational access to students with disabilities.
Tell Congress: Pass the RISE Act
We need your help! Ask your member of Congress to support students with learning and attention issues.
Thanks to support from generous partners like you, we are able to create programs and resources to support the 1 in 5 individuals with learning and attention issues nationwide.